[Scriptoris] Fw: [SCA_S&I] New Resource for Pigments

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 09:29:44 PDT 2012

forwarded, Hillary

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Britni Newton <newtonb69 at hotmail.com>
To: sca_scribes_and_illumination at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:54 PM
Subject: [SCA_S&I] New Resource for Pigments

Greetings everyone,

I've been working on a monograph about pigments used in the SCA period, and it's finally finished. This is a bit of self-promotion, but it does include a list of 66 pigments from modern chemical analysis of medieval manuscripts and from medieval treatises, charts showing use in time, location, and information on how to use the pigments together. It would be useful for any who are starting or wanting to start using the accurate pigments for their illuminations.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/173936

This is the information I'll be teaching two classes on at Pennsic, so if anyone gets the book, and has further questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them. :) Also, if there are any issues with the formats, please let me know, and I'll try and fix them.

Maestra Livia Zanna,
mka Britni Patterson