[Scriptoris] College Notes!

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Wed Sep 12 07:15:20 PDT 2012

Greetings all!

Here are notes for those who were unable to make the College of Scribes
meeting at AHSS in August, or wished reminders, and some additions in
regards to various topics under discussion since then.

*College of Scribes Meeting – AHSS *

·         Note: Insignia Deputy is Open! If you are interested please
contact me and send in an application.

·         Copying Policies: Get blanks from your regional. We will also be
adding ‘one’ additional person in each region who will have a set of
Masters for the purposes of copying and handing out. These people will be
determined by myself based on activity in the College and proven
reliability. The college gets the right paper. PLEASE do not copy yourself.
We have had many self-copies come in that were unusable despite being
beautifully painted. The quality standards are there for a reason.

·         The Scribal Website is being redesigned. Commentary on what you
feel ought to be on the site (whether it should stay or be added) or what
isn’t necessary. Suggestions for things to add or organize should be sent
to Lady Alicia, our Scribal Web minister.

·         Word Fame and Awards: Please remember when you feel someone in
our Scribal Community is deserving of an award or praise, to make sure that
they are put in for that award, or given that praise.

*Notes to remember when Designing Originals for Use by Kingdom as Charters*

·         Make certain that your design fits in the designated size ‘with
proper spacing around it’ so that when it’s put on the page there is room
to cut and room for ‘matting’. Do not design to the edge of the space.
Leave an inch around.

·         Thickness of Lines – make sure that your lines are thick enough
that they are easy to paint within and will copy well.

·         Clean up – The copy you turn in should not have pencil lines all
over it when finished.

·         Make sure if you design on graph paper that you have made certain
it will ‘not’ show the graph when copying.

·         Design on solid white paper. (The designs that came in on mottled
gray paper do not copy cleanly).

*Note on the Sable Flur and the Sable Sparrow
*
·         As soon as I receive word that the texts are approved *and *the
names have passed the College of Heralds, there will be calls for new
Charters.

Expect an official notice soon on a very special Charter competition that
will be taking place at Bordermarch Autumn Melees. We are just working out
the final minute details!

With Joy in Service,
HL Lillias MacGuffin
Star Signet