[Scriptoris] Scribal Website Update!

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Jul 2 16:27:02 PDT 2013

Greetings all. As you may have noticed, the College of Scribes website is
undergoing renovation. The old site has been removed, and the new site is
up in its place, and the vast majority of information from the old site has
currently been transferred over onto the new site. The primary visual
differences are the new look and some minor reorganization. On the back
end, we have new, cleaner code! Much thanks to HL Reis ap Tuder for his
ongoing programming assistance.

The following information details any reorganization, information regarding
individual sections of the site, and where we are in the process of
updating, as well as ways you can be involved!

**********
Several old sections on the site have been combined into the Education
section, with internal anchors to make them easily accessible (Education,
Links, and Reference Materials).

You will note that the originals gallery and the charter library are still
linked to in their old formats. This is not permanent. Our site designer is
currently looking at the best options for upgrading how we do the galleries
to make them easier to access, as well as easier to update on the back-end.

We ARE working on updating the Galleries and Libraries, but the programming
on those is more complicated and has first priority so that the transfer of
the existing artwork can be made as well. There is also a project in
progress to update the active charter library with current examples of
every charter, painted using a proper palette.

Under Charters there is a new section devoted entirely to the Designing of
Charters and original scrolls. This area contains articles and information
about designing scrolls and charters for the kingdom and is under
construction.

The Charters area also currently has a complete list (by code) of all the
Active Charters, including which ones are new and which have been retired.

The Charter and Insignia sections will also list (when we have them)
shortages of specific charters or insignia the kingdom needs.

The FAQ has been gone over for accuracy, but if there are questions that
are not answered there that you feel should be, please send those to Star
Signet.

The Links section of Education is being gone through to make certain all of
the links and current and active. If something isn't working, please let
Star Signet know, but hopefully those will all be updated and fixed in the
immediate future.

Please note, that if you do not see something on the website, it may be
that it is just not up yet, or that it will be included in the next updated
version of the College of Scribes Handbook, also currently in the works.
Feel free to ask about anything you do not see.

*Ways You Can Help!:*
* Do you have articles or class notes you would allow us to put up on the
Kingdom education page? We would love to have them. Please email them to
Star Signet, with a publication release form.

* Updating the FAQ: As mentioned above, if there is a question not answered
on the FAQ that you think ought to be, please let us know.

* Are there projects, suggestions, or elements you would like to see happen
that are related to the website? Please send suggestions and ideas to Star
Signet.

The process is ongoing, but a lot of progress has been made and will
continue to happen!

with joy in service,
Lillias MacGuffin
Star Signet