[Scriptoris] KWHSS Proceedings Info Sheet - Resend

Andrewe Bawldwyn kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Sun May 26 19:18:59 PDT 2013

Greetings! This may have gotten eaten. I'm resending it, please contact
Dame Mari with any questions...

Greetings!

I would like to provide a "Thank You!" in advance to all the people who
make KWHS Proceedings possible.  This year, I expect it will involve more
people than normal, but in a very good way.

A Format Change This Year:

This year we will be providing the KWHS proceedings in a completely online
format.

The Proceedings will have a main page and table of contents on the Laurel
website.  Authors will have the option of having their article(s) hosted on
the Laurel website or on their own website.  Authors choosing to host their
own articles would have a link to their article included in the KWHS
Proceedings table of contents.

All Types of Articles Needed:

If you have an idea for a KWHS Proceedings article, we would love to hear
about it.  Given that this is the 40th anniversary of KWHS (it's hard to
believe that's possible, isn't it?), we have a wonderful opportunity to
include articles about the history of the KWHS and the history of heraldry
in the SCA in general.

As always, onomastics, armory, and scribal articles are encouraged and
eagerly anticipated.

Among the opportunities afforded by this change in format is a change in
article size.  We can include everything from very short articles to much
larger articles that would not be possible to include in a printed set of
proceedings.

Laurel Website Articles:

Authors choosing to have their article(s) hosted on the Laurel website will
need to fill out and return a standard copyright grant of use form.  There
are two options for this form.  A version which may be printed out, signed,
and returned may be found at: http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/**
ReleaseCreative.pdf <http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleaseCreative.pdf>  A
version that is fillable-PDF that supports e-signature may be found at:
http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/**ReleaseCreativeFillable.pdf<http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleaseCreativeFillable.pdf>

Please remember that copyrighted items (such as images) may not be included
in these articles without proof of permission from the copyright owners.

Articles hosted on the Laurel website will have the standard Laurel website
"look and feel" (background, etc.) applied.

Authors may provide their article(s) in HTML or PDF format (HTML
preferred).  For authors who are not comfortable with HTML, we will provide
(as best as possible) someone to convert the article to HTML in conjunction
with the author.

Author Hosted articles:

Authors choosing to host their own article(s) are welcome to do.  We will
simply need to be provided with a link to their article.

Deadlines:

Because of the totally online format, we will need to have final versions
of the articles by 5pm (Central time) on the Monday before KWHS (Monday
June 24, 2013).

For articles that will need to be converted to HTML, please contact the
proceedings Coordinator for additional info. These articles will likely
need to be sent sooner.

My goal is to have the KWHS 2013 Proceedings available online on Friday of
KWHS.  This will allow participants to review articles and decide which
classes they want to attend (there are always so many great choices!).  It
will also allow them to read along in the classes on tablets or computers
or print out handout copies ahead of time.  (When we tried this format at
Ansteorra's King's College in 2012, it greatly reduced the demand for
handouts in my classes.  I only gave out 2 printed handouts.)

Authors and Volunteers needed:

What we need is you!

We need authors to write these articles that we all look forward to
reading.  We welcome articles from everyone whether or not you can attend
KWHS.

In addition, this year we will be looking for volunteers to provide help
convert articles to HTML.  Since this is the first year we have tried this
format, we don't know how many (or how few) authors may wish to provide
articles that will need to be converted to HTML.

If you would like to contribute an article or can offer help with HTML
conversion, please contact me at:
kwhssproceedings at herald.**ansteorra.org<kwhssproceedings at herald.ansteorra.org>

Thanks!:

Again, I would like to say thank you to all of you who will be
participating in making these proceedings fantastic.  I look forward to
working with all of you.

Yours in service,

Mari

Dame Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada, OP
Aldyrne Heralde
Kingdom of Ansteorra