[Scriptoris] Ansteorran Scribal Happenings - Recent News!

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Feb 7 09:40:38 PST 2023

There’s a lot going on with the College of Scribes. The main news is here
for you!

*The Ansteorran College of Scribes Roll of Artisans Survey, New Edition!*

This survey is important as it provides Star Signet and other college
officers immediate access to who does what, so that we can find the right
artisans for the job, and also the job for the artisans.

The most recent data on the old version is from 2014, and I know we have
many new artisans, and many of us who were around then have learned lots of
new things since then!

It has been expanded to include more of the arts that fall into the scribal
purview beyond painting and calligraphy. There are also new and additional
questions regarding scribal related crafts, what you do within the college,
and what you are willing to do. This is not 'just' art projects. Even if
you filled it out years ago, please fill it out again! (If you filled out
the one sent around last year that was Vindheim specific, from the Vindheim
scribe, I have access to that and you do not 'have' to fill this one out
again unless you want to).

So if you currently (or have in the past) paint charters, draw original
illuminations, do calligraphy, make ink, quills, paper, parchment, do
bookbinding, or any other scribal related activity, and are willing to art
(with any level of experience), teach, and support your fellow artisans,
please fill out this form! This includes if you are willing to offer your
expertise in teaching, and offering constructive feedback, regardless of if
you are still doing/capable of producing art. All members of our community
are valuable and appreciated!

Form here: https://forms.gle/81wGGmeVwJk4sdHe6

Thank you to everyone who has filled out the forms so far!

*Charter Update Project Continues*

I am picking up this in-process project from my predecessor, HL Aline
Hopton, and continuing it toward its completion. It has been several years
since the Charters were looked over as a whole for any needs in new designs
(specific awards, new designs/cultures represented etc) as a while… and
anything that needs to be updated/improved/or retired for concerns
regarding continued usability and interest on the part of artisans. We
currently have 80+ lovely designs in circulation!

For anyone interested in being part of this process, we are having the
Second Charter Review Meeting (the first was held by HL Aline Hopton, as
Star Signet, in May of 2022), on Monday, February 20th, virtually, starting
at 7:00pm, and going until we are done looking over charter designs. So, if
you would like to have input on what new art comes our way, please attend
if possible.

If you will be unable to attend, you are welcome to fill out the form below
to express your thoughts and preferences regarding scroll designs in
Ansteorra (regarding charters specifically). The form will be open for

All responses will be taken into account and considered when the officers
of the College of Scribes make decisions about new designs and updates.
This will be followed up by a list of needs open for interested artisans.
The goal is to have this list up after Gulf Wars.

Form Here: https://forms.gle/obrxz98mpbE5a4mBA

*Monthly Open College of Scribes Virtual Scribal Table!*

Every month on the 2nd Tuesday (starting this month, on February 14th) from
7:00pm until 11:00pm, there will be a virtual room open for scribes and
friends of scribes across the kingdom to hop in and work on art and chat
together. You can also just come and socialize with your fellow scribes!
It’s a chance for us to enjoy being a community, share news, and also (if
you feel like it) get feedback on your projects. I will also consider this
informal office hours for the Star Signet office, so if you have questions
or ideas, those can also be discussed.

The link for the video chat will be posted the day of each event. It will
be posted to the Scriptoris of Ansteorra Facebook group (if you are on
Facebook but not part of the group, please join for more scribal news!), as
well as sent out to the Scriptoris email list. If you need the link sent to
you directly, please send me an email at star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
and I will make sure that happens each month.

I encourage scribes in all of the regions to continue to meet regularly in
person and enjoy each other's company and experience both at your local
meetings, and at events, as I know we all love and enjoy! This virtual
option is meant to encourage and make easier communication and community,
and provide an option for those who cannot travel or event as much as they
wish to continue to be involved.

with joy in service,
HL Lillias MacGuffin
Star Signet