SR - Let's get started!

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Wed Apr 8 05:15:33 PDT 1998

At 01:15 AM 4/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Conor here,
>
>I would like to make a proposal here, and I am going to repeat it at
>the Ffynnon Gath Event meeting, if I can get there.
>
>While we discuss the idea of a principality, why not start with some
>changes for our region.
>
>First, let's choose a name for our region.  Something better than
>Southern, which while descriptive, is deadly dull.  In the meetings
>we have talked about building a regional identity, and I think this
>would help.  We do not need to commit ourselves to this name for any
>future principality.  In fact, I can think of few things that would
>more effectively mark the change to principality status, than a
>change of name.  If we want to keep it, that's fine too.

Despite being indifferent about whether or not we form a principality, I
have a suggested name, if we *do* form one.

That name is "Cibola". For those of you unfamiliar with early Texas
history, Cibola was the land where the "Seven Cities of Gold" were supposed
to be located. Spanish explorers spent quite a bit of time wandering around
Texas looking for those cities.

	-Tivar Moondragon