SR - Let's get started!

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Wed Apr 8 09:22:39 PDT 1998

Pendaren wrote:

>On the subject of a name, I still like Deiterich's suggestion of the
>German translation of Lion's Haven. I don't remember what the German
>was. Deiterich, can you please refresh my memory?
>Pendaran

Lowenhaven... that's 'hav'en as in 'hov'el not 'hay'ven as in 'raven'.

Gotten some criticism for what I consider to be two good reasons, but I
still like it.

1. Letha said it reminds her of beer. (I don't mind, but hey, I like a beer
now and again)

2. Dona Gwennyth said that she's not so hip on naming something new,
something just being birthed, after something old... she'd rather a brand
new name to stand for brand new ideas. (In my head, there's nothing more
appropriate for the land that birthed Ragnar and Riccardo than Lowenhaven...
it's not so much the award I'm thinking of, rather than the spirit of the
people here.)

I'm not sure if either of these ladies spend much time reading the list so I
thought I'd be a good boy and post their views as told to me here on the
net.

On another note... I *LOVE* "Comme faites les heros" as a motto!

Dieterich