SR - Let's get started!

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Apr 8 15:23:45 PDT 1998

> So, what you are proposing is that we use a name that is in reference to a
> mythological fantasy.
> Do you think it would actually pass the College of Heralds?

Well, it wasn't quite fantasy, as they *thought* there was a land
by that name.

Another herald has pointed out that it may not pass for another
reason: conflict.  Cibola has a four-paragraph entry in a common
encyclopedia (I forget which), and having its own entry in
a common encyclopedia is one of the criteria that makes a name
famous enough to protect.  You can't register Yorkshire,
Courland, Anjou, or the Romagnia on the same grounds.

James Stuart ... drat!  they have entries in dictionaries, even!
I'll have to remain Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.