SR - Principality names

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 9 17:09:52 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

I was just looking at the Principality website, and I think we need to do a
bit more brainstorming.  Lowenhaven or Cibola--is that it?  Don't we have
anything else?

Personally, I still like AElfwyn's suggestion of Sunsteor.  I think the
herald's argument Daniel posted (Tadgh's, perhaps?) was pretty lame.  Yes,
the Saxons were a tribe--big deal.  I could argue that the Ansteorran's are
a tribe and the forbears of this region.  Therefore, the corruption from
Sudh Ansteorrans paralleling the corruption of Sudh Saxon works just fine.
Besides--Sunsteor (sunstar) what a great double entendre.

Any other possible Lowen- names?  Any other ideas?  Color based names?  The
stones throughout this region are primarily red and white, and the soil is
either red, white or black.

Well, I have to run to fighter practice.  You're all invited to bring your
armor and weapons out and join us at the usual Bryn Gwlad practice site/

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin