SR - office titles, Treasurer

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Apr 13 11:59:47 PDT 1998

Sir Lyonel wrote:
> Incidentally, the initial comment that sparked this was, "Treasurer is the
> period term."  This statement is incorrect.  "Treasurer" is no more
> *period* than "reeve."

Oh, hooey.  You're conflating "is period" with "is *the*
period term" (my emphasis).  There are several period terms
for people or offices which deal with money in various ways.
"Treasurer" is more "portable", if you will.

Daniel "Today's postings from Daniel were brought to you by
the number 0 and the words 'hooey', 'horsepucky', and
'ca-ca'" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.