SR - Principality Work Mirage (long but important)

Conor mac Cinneide carcassonnais at geocities.com
Fri Apr 10 16:27:49 PDT 1998

Donal,

You spent your entire post telling us how much extra work the
principality officers would have(over the present regional officers)
and then said,

> And we get a proving ground for officers, too.

Got one. The Regional system. (If properly utilized.)

You cannot have it both ways.  For the regional system to be a good
proving ground, the officers must be doing a proportional amount of
work to the kingdom officers(i.e.-same amount of work, but for fewer
people).

Principality Officers will do the same amount of work as the Kingdom
Officers, but for fewer people (with the possible exception of the
Chronicler).  If the Regional Officers do this much work, then the
regional system is a good proving ground.
But, throughout your post you keep saying that the Regional Officers
are doing much less work than Principality Officers would do.  That
cannot be much of a proving ground, the proportional lighter work
load would still leave them unprepared for a Kingdom Office.

I think both Dieterich and Donal go too far.  Yes, there will be more
work, but we are not actually making a kingdom.  Everyone of the
officers would still report to a kingdom superior.  The work would be
for a smaller number of people, therefore, less than the kingdom
officer.

But, I think you are both missing an important point.  Whether or not
there is more work is not the issue.  The issue is whether or not we
are willing to do that work.  I, for one, am willing to do my part.
 If there is additional work to be done, then I will do some
additional work to help shoulder that burden.  How about the rest of
you?

The work mirage is a mirage, not because there is no work, but
because there is no reason to think that we cannot or will not do the
work.  I have faith in my friends and those I play this game with.  I
am not worried.

Now enough of this, lets get back to fun discussions.

Conor(still in favor of "comme faites les heros," or a variation.)

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo