SR - Principality Work Mirage (long but important)

Lynn Thomson lthomson at txdirect.net
Sat Apr 11 08:23:10 PDT 1998

Frankly, I think the "not much more work" people and the "loads more
work" people both have points.  Some offices will, and some won't need
much change.

Why do I say this?  Because I was a Princess of Ansteorra.  I was also
principality reeve for one reign.  And we had a monthly newsletter.  And
we had six Principality events per year - two coronet lists, two
coronettings, an A&S event, and a warlord.  And I venture to say that
the light fighters and the princesses will want a princess's champion
each reign.  If that's the case here, we add at least 8 events each year
to an already overcrowded calendar.  And there's a reason why we don't
crown people the day after the tourney.  There's a lot of stuff that
goes with the office, and the new coronet may not have the space to haul
it home from the event.  And may not have a clue what the office entails
- hence the breaking in period.  It's not as if we require a new ruling
noble to have been a deputy.....

And Randall and I tried really hard not to overdo the awards thing - and
we only got one awards recommendation during our reign - and the first P
& P were from our group.  But different strokes for different etc.....
We had a proliferation of needed awards, plus lots of others, including
a load of non-armigerous ones.  All in just three reigns.

Just something to think about.

Constance