SR - Naming the Region

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Apr 13 21:19:08 PDT 1998

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Dennis and/or Dory Grace
<amazing at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Daniel, will Campoleon (or for that matter, Timo's
> suggestion of "Leontofora") conflict with Leon?

Nope.  Adjective+Leon would be OK: adding an adjective to an
unmodified noun clears conflict.  Since the nouns are even
different (campo vs. leon, fora vs. leon), both are OK.

Spanish (and German) naming styles are the other big
question.  I've just composed a plea for help from the Great
Name Balrogs of the East and West asking for a brief glance
at Campoleon and Lowenhaven.  I've asked them not to do
in-depth research at this stage; in return, please don't get
your hearts set on a particular name.

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.