SR - principality straw poll - just the facts, ma'am

smithson smithson at hot1.net
Sat Aug 15 00:14:12 PDT 1998

Greetings from Lord Jaymes Smithson, Deputy Senechal of Emerald Keep

	I have spoken with Lord Conair Macraven, our senechal, and he has approved
the issuance of this statement.
	There seems to be some confusion concerning the participation of Emerald
Keep (mundanely, Waco, TX) as to our involvment in the possible
Principality. Allow me to correct this.
	At our populace meeting in May, we conducted a straw poll. The results
were vary favorable concerning our integration in the principality. We do
fully intend in participating in the formation of the Principality. It is
true that some people were not in favor, but this is normal everywhere, I'm
sure. It is also my understanding that certain
people believe (without due cause) that the people who voted in favor are
transient students soon to be gone. This is by no means true. A few of our
members, approxiamately 6, myself included, are going to be leaving.
However, we represent only a small percentage of the populace
	His Excellency Earl Sir Gerard wanted to be quoted as saying that he has a
wonderful position here (mundanely), he owns a home here and considers
himself
far from transient. There are at least five members here that have been
here for at least 15 years and were quite offended that someone thought the
Emerald Keep populace was made up of transient students.
	For the record, the ACTUAL count is as follows:
		18 in favor
		  5 against
		  2 abstained
	This was not a full count of the entire populace, however, it was and
accurate count of the active members.
	I truly hope that this clarifies any misconceptions concerning Emerald
Keep and our participation in the not-yet-incipient Principality.

				Fond regards,
					Lord Jaymes Smithson
					mka Jim Kotsonis