SR - The Lion's Tale

Kevin Varner kvarner at planview.com
Wed Aug 19 06:30:43 PDT 1998

Greetings everyone!
	The 1st issue of the Lion's Tale has been launched. Immediately,
we have run into some problems with distribution both electronically and
manually.
	The manual problems are mine and required a mental reboot when I
got home last night from fighter practice (the box of newsletters were
still where I had left them in the dining room).
	The electronic problem is software related. I am generating the
document in MS Word97. I can "Save as" another format, but we are losing
formatting and graphics during the conversion. Garbage is tossed in as
well. What it did to the one I sent to Ivar is still the most
mystifying. For those of you who have Acrobat Reader (free software
plug) I can send you a .pdf document and you should be able to read it
regardless of what I used to generate the original.
	I was hoping to be able to set up a mass mailing group to launch
it via email, but just the varied differences between Jan, Ivar, Krag,
Dieterich, and Gilli have made it very interesting.
	The following persons have agreed to be distribution points for
the Lion's Tale:

Gilli (Middleford)
Ivar (Bjornsborg)
Jan (Fynnon Gath)
Dieterich (Tempio)
Krag (Shadowlands)
Timo (Ravens Fort)
---(Bryn Gwlad)  I am covering BG right now, but a volunteer for local
distro would be helpful.

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad