SR - Naming the region

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Aug 19 10:34:48 PDT 1998

On 19 Aug 98, at 7:51, Chris and Elisabeth Zakes wrote:

> Besides, I still like Cibola, because it's a *period* name for this corner
> of the world. How many other SCA kingdoms or principalities can claim
> that? Ebola is a 20th century phenomenon.

agreed ... of the lot, it "feels" the best and is especially good in that it
reflects actual regional geographic usage in period.  to me the rest feel
more "forced" and artificial.  to disregard it out of hand simply because of
possible misunderstandings does the name and it's historical precedents a
great dis-service.

of the lot it's the simplist and least pretentious ... always good points for a
name of importance

'wolf
... not at all a fan of the lion based naming options

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves