SR - Naming the region

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Aug 20 09:36:58 PDT 1998

On 19 Aug 98, at 16:16, Paul KieferJr wrote:

> Okay, since everyone seems to have some objection, in one form or
> another, to anything on the list (and quite possibly,
> everything......"Hey, let's get Mikey!"  "He won't eat it, he hates
> EVERYTHING."), let's throw an idea out there for the world to see.

whoaaa ... it's not just a "list" thing, it's a *fairness* thing.  the suggestion
was to include *everyone*, not just the list members in the process ... while
teh list might reflect a cross section of the regions populace, it does not
reflects *all* the populace.  decisions made here exclusively would be
totally unfair to the non cyber cynn, not to mention would be grounds to be
overthrown from above upon reasonable challenge.

the power of this media ("the list") is about discussion, ideas, consensus
building.  of course there's objection and conflict, as it should be. that's
how societies built on democracy and equality among free individuals (not
the SCA, that's an overlay "game" ... a good topic for another time) are all
about.  in it's truest and oldest sense, this environment is a "forumn"

once again, decisions made by any real or percieved elite ("the list") will
only serve to build walls, and de-rail or stop the grass-root development of
these regional / principality issues. getting as many of the populace as
possible involved and basing ultimate decisions on input from *everyone*
will build the kind of community needed at this point in time..

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves