SR - Naming the region

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Aug 20 09:36:59 PDT 1998

out of humour good ideas can grow ...

> >So since it seems several famous people from the region have names
> >starting in "R", how about "R"-land?  Could double as "Our"-land.  Seems
> >to me the heraldically mineded "cant" pass this up.

some real possibility there ... the region is about the people of the region, it
is being formed / organized because of a special place it has in the hearts
and minds of those people ... thus it is *our* land.

so, what would a norse / saxon / irish / welsh / germanic / ??? form of "our
land" be?  from actually historical place-names i've run into, that kind of
form would be period and would well represent one of the most important
aspects of the area - the people ...

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves