SR - Some Thoughts on Names

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Aug 20 22:40:03 PDT 1998

On 20 Aug 98, at 23:14, Jodi McMaster wrote:

> I can't seem to lay hands on my OE stuff--but "Su{dh}cynn" would be
> "South folks/south people" (The Anglo-Saxons referred to themselves as
> Anglecynn, for instance).

ahhh .. someone who might understand my long use of the term
"harleycynn" (grin)

anglecynn, loosely translated would be "people of the tribe of the angles" ...
we're not really one tribe, but a association of many ... what would a bigger
association be ... "people of the star" / "people of the central star"
(salutations to ansteorra) perhaps ... rendered in old anglish form ???

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves