SR - Name Thing

svipdagr at juno.com svipdagr at juno.com
Sat Aug 29 12:47:11 PDT 1998

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:07:37 -0500 "Martin, Brian"
<bmartin at origin.ea.com> writes:

>	I came across this last night and found it pretty interesting,
>given the current name discussion in the region:
>"Liberia's neighbor to the north, Sierra Leone (lion ridge) was named
>by
>Portuguese explorers in 1460." This is from the book "Off the Map: The
>Curious History of Place Names", p. 69, by Derek Nelson.
>
>	I'm starting to like Champs de Leon and Campo di Leone even
>more.
I have finaly got something to say but it may seem odd.    I personaly
like both names[I am right in thinking they both mean about the same]
{languesare not my stong suit} for the reason{here where I get odd} they
sound good off the tongue, almost like on word.    I think for a name to
work it should be easy to say, especialy for new comers.
					With Pride,     -Svipdagr-