SR - Naming the region(Cibola)

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Wed Aug 19 22:20:50 PDT 1998

I can't speak for the Encyclopedia Britannica, but I did find the
following entry in my Funk and Wagnalls:

Cibola, Seven Cities of.  See Coronado, Francisco Vasquez de; Zuni
Indians.

Under Coronado there is a paragraph about his expedition to Cibola.
Which from the account he thought was in New Mexico.  During the
expedition he wintered in Santa Fe.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo