SR - Naming the region -Reply

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Aug 20 09:04:37 PDT 1998

Jin Liu Ch'ang wrote:
> Would that mean that any dons made would be Dons de Coreleonis?

OW!  Thank you for that -- it was far better than my attempts!

> What exactly are the rules concerning use of present names?

I quoted the SCA CoA Admin Handbook and its Appendix E in
a previous message, so I won't repeat it.  I don't see
the county or the town as being problems -- presumably not
in the EB with their own entries.  Present use is not a factor
except as it may make a name more familiar (that is, heralds
may be more likely to sit up and say "Hey, isn't that ...?").
There used to be an explicit exception in the rules for
a name that used to be applied to the place that has
the branch, but the 1990 rules rewrite removed that rule.
(Say that 6 times fast.)

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;