SR - First-round polling?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Dec 7 05:11:17 PST 1998

Bob Dewart (gilli at seacove.net) said something that sounded like:
> May I remind you that there were those who said they voted multiple times in
> the "staw polls".

Yes, but these straw polls were held at multiple events and not coalated
over time.

> May I sugest that we put our name on our ballot

Although it sounds good at first level, I think we should state that
people can only vote once.

If you put mundane or Society names on it, who is going to verify they
are real people?

We are still an honorable Society and have to assume people will be
honorable until proven otherwise.

> and if so desired our number.

You are not required to be a member, so the number doesn't matter.
(Unless it's valid credit card numbers, in which case I will gather the
ballots myself. *grin*)

Ciao,