SR - Let's get this started right.

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Feb 20 10:12:05 PST 1998

On 20 Feb 98 at 11:32, Jodi McMaster wrote:

... good points raised

> ...  i figure newbies or not-really-oldies may have the same concerns.

from the other perspective, one of the primary reason's that many in
my generation stopped "playing" was that as the kingdom started to
grow and events started happening farther and farther away more
frequently, the logistics of holding down a real-world career (with
limited time off), keeping home and familiy together, and keeping
non-SCA interests nurtured, ... started to preclude attending
major events that took inordinate driving time to get to and from.

basically, the fun-factor started to decline while the hassle-factor
increased ... eventually, according to the laws of diminishing
returns, many people started fading away.

then there was the growing "regionalization" that was a real-mindset
(north and south) a long time before it was officially acknowledged
with the recent "region" structure.

to my mind, creating a new principality would go a long was to
addressing these concerns (and many others that are being raised)
and make the SCA a more viable option of current and future members.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves