SR - More Lions!

clward at mmm.com clward at mmm.com
Tue Feb 24 20:23:04 PST 1998

Pendaren suggested:
>With all of this discussion about lions, has anyone mentioned multiple
>lions on the arms? How about lions in the same position as those on
>the royal arms of England? (I don't know the heraldic terminology.) I
>must say that I like the idea of the black star issuant from base.

Another Lion design we have not considered are the lions with one head and
multiple bodies.  I particularly like the variant that has one lion's head
facing out towards the viewer in the center and the three bodies arranged in
the "rampant" posture, but angled into the two upper corners and down into the
point of the device.

These are very striking charges, and unusual.

Daniel, any info about the correct name for this and the frequency of use?

::GUNNORA::