SR - Principality Discussion

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 26 18:46:36 PST 1998

Our good Baron wrote:
>>...might I suggest a
>>meeting at the upcoming Crown Tournament to discuss a Principality? It
>>is, after all, being held in the Southern Region. Ideas? Opinions?

and Sir Kief answered:
>It most certainly is Brother and Cousin...! All would be welcomed at Crown to
>discuss a possible Principality... It may be possible to reserve a good sized
>pavilion for a space... I will check with the Steward of the event, Lord
Timo,
>to see if this can be done... I would certainly welcome a chance to hear
others
>views in person...! As well as voice my own concerns...(these concerns have
>been somewhat quieted by the right good arguments in this forum...) Let's see
>what happens good neighbors... Let the game begin...!

I concur. Seems that Crown Tourney would be an appropriate place to carry
on Principality discussions. However, I would suggest that in the interim
each group present the discussion at their very next business or populace
meeting so that folk have a chance to toss thoughts, ideas, etc, amongst
their local groups before Crown. One reason I suggest doing so is so some
common questions can be fielded and folks can go into a larger, regional
meeting better informed as to basic concepts and practical considerations
(it would also afford an opportunity to address any misconceptions about
nuts-&bolts stuff like rules and definitions and the like). I think the
better informed people are, the better our questions can be, the more
comprehensive a set of ideas we'll see, and the sounder our decisions can
be. And, of course, the more likely it'll be that everyone will agree with
me. <g>

What do you think, Your Excellency? Our next business meeting is, when?
Just following Gulf Wars, right? That would give folks a couple weeks to
toss quesions and such around before Crown. How about your group, Kief?
Would you guys have a chance to touch on it before Crown? How about other
folk from other groups out there? We should probably figure out if each
group in Southern has someone subscribed to this list, and if not then have
someone share pertinent info with them.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone