SR - Principality Discussion

Maddie Teller-Kook meadhbh at io.com
Fri Feb 27 07:35:17 PST 1998

Howdy,
Just got on the list.  I noticed that a meeting with the crown is
already being discussed in reference to a principality. Isn't this
moving a bit too fast?   My concerns are that this is a region that
doesn't play like a region.  Many people in the smaller groups will get
drawn up into the excitment without understanding what is actually
happening!!  Wouldn't it be better to figure out a regional name and
develop a regional identity before moving onto principality status?
This is a very big step for this kingdom and this region.
Have ALL groups in the region been contacted about this? Which groups
are they? Have the seneschals in all the groups discussed this with
their populace? AND how does the populace of all these groups feel about
principality status! NOT necessarily the members of this mailing list or
any other internet group feel.  Now, once that is done, then a regional
name should be chosen, boundries decided, etc.  Until then, I think
talking to the crown about this is putting the cart before the horse.
Please make sure ALL the bases have been covered before taking the next
step.  I don't want to see any principality potentially hurt this
kingdom and it could if this is done in haste.

my 5 Cents!

meadhbh