SR - Poll results!

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Fri Feb 27 12:33:31 PST 1998

Okay, folks... two weeks is up!  I realize that some folks wished for more
time for those not on line, but as this is just a straw poll I feel we have
a fair slice of Ansteorra to make a decision on what to do next.

Number of e-mail responses received: 93

Raw poll results:  78-yea  11-nay  4-abstain(despite my pleas)

Number of phone responses:

38-yea 1-nay 1-abstain

Totals:

116-yea 12-nay 5-abstain

Interestingly, four of the nay votes were from out of our region... one from
Moonshadowe, one from Seawinds, one from Stargate, and one from Namron.
Those same regions had exactly the same number of 'yea' votes.  The
remaining eight 'nay' votes were split between BG and RF.

The vast majority of the votes cast were from BG, Tempio, Middleford, and
Bjornsborg.

Not a peep from anyone out west.

If this is a good indicator- and I feel it probably is- I suggest we
(volunteers? If not, I'll do it) mail fliers to all the groups in the
kingdom care of their seneschals stating that we wish to discuss how to
conduct a more complete and valid polling, which areas we're considering, as
well as other 'fluff' issues at Hero of the Temple.

As there seems to be two basic ideas on what the boundaries should be
(corridor vs. corridor&West) I'm going to ask that a representative from
each standpoint bring a proposal to Hero so that folks can have a good idea
of what is being discussed and can add their input.  If there is a volunteer
from either position interested, please post to me privately.

Also, we need to name a mediator, as someone said already, to limit speaking
time fairly (say, 4 min. at a pop excluding proposals?).  Volunteer with
formal debate experience, anyone?

Thanks for your time.... now you can all stop flooding my box!

Ritter Dieterich