SR - Lions and Eagles and Boars, Oh My!

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Thu Feb 26 10:44:43 PST 1998

Then I said:

>Daniel, were those really p's or are they thorns?

To which he replied:

>The book I was quoting showed them as the letter p, not
>thorn.

And went on to explain the ASCII designations he had would use for a thorn.

Why the recap?  I was having a worry attack about whether I'd confused
thorns and edhs--which I then transferred to concern that I'd given
offense.  I only asked because I've come across texts where a thorn was
misprinted as a "p"--and it had listed "th-" as an alternate.

I apologize if it appeared to be a slighting remark as to Daniel.

AElfwyn