SR - Beginning new traditions

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Sun Jul 19 21:55:50 PDT 1998

Heilsa Cousin Kazimir...and all other right and good Ansteorrans...

Kief here...

You opined:

>Ahhhhh. But there's the rub.  Some of us might LIKE to limit the number of
>Crowns held in a space of years.  It is an idea that has much support across the
>Known World.
>
>Kazimir

True there may be "...much support across the Known World." for that idea.

However, I'm certainly glad that I do not live in the rest of the Known World.
I like to think that Ansteorrans are not part of a "leveling" movement, that we
take pride in the prowess of our fighters and that we "raise" our entrants into
Crown Tourney to new levels of ability to defeat those greats that held the
Lion Thrones in previous reigns... I see the fact that several of our Dukes are
counted among the very best the Known World has ever seen... Limiting the
opportunity of the fighters to test themselves against the best leads to
stagnation in the ranks eventually lessening of the overall ability of our
top-ranked fighters...

No limits are needed. The Crown of this Kingdom has the right and duty to
refuse entry into the Crown Lists of anyone They feel is unacceptable. I do
believe that the Coronet should have that same right and duty. And, if needful,
use it to prevent a very poorly qualified "second timer" from entering the
Tournament.

...for what it's worth... Dos Centavos... *Ka-ching*

Waes Thu Hael kinsman...

Kief