SR - SCA Laws

HseTrinity at aol.com HseTrinity at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 18:30:18 PDT 1998

Greetings all,

I just do not agree with the whole Curia system.  I feel that it bogs down,
complicates the system, and takes time that may not be available.  Here is an
example.  During Duke Kein's last reign, he changed the law to allow butt
spikes and fiber glass shafts on the combat arrows.  As I understand it this
was done so that Our Kingdom would not be at a disadvantage at Gulf War. (if I
am wrong I am sure that someone will correct me) If a curia had to be called
and consulted their may not have been enough time for the changes to take
effect.  This could have hurt us in the following war.  I just think that we
should remember the KISS rule.

In a message dated 7/20/98 4:38:59 PM Central Daylight Time, hbrache at texas.net
writes:

> What makes the Curia systems work is the pressure they bring to bear on the
>  Crowns.., all quite period, mind you.  That means that for a Curia (type
> affair)
>  to work for us WE must be willing to insist that it works.., insist that
the
>  Coronet heed the "sage cousel" of his council.

On a lighter note this sounds very familiar.  Like the Magna Carta?

Philippe