SR - Principality Solution

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 10 16:19:21 PDT 1998

and an extra-special re-greeting back to you, good Sir Knight!

Kief saaaaiiiiddd:
>True, there are no written rules governing the attendance of the Crown at 99%
>of the events in this Kingdom. Although, do you not think that it would be
>considered an insult to the incoming Coronet if the Crown _didn't_ attend
Their
>elevation? At least in the political arena that exists in the SCA today...

I can only speak from my experiences, but in Artemisia we felt pretty
self-sufficient and the Coronet (incoming and outgoing) rather enjoyed
having the limelight to themselves at this special time. If the Crown *was*
present at an Investiture, outside of holding Thier obligatory court and
taking care of any business They might be inclined to do, They tended to
let the day shine for the P&P.

>Here is an
>interesting thought... I do not know the answer to this one... The Crown has
>the right to attend any meeting of the Orders / Circles They wish to...
Does a
>Coronet have the right to attend those same meetings within Their
>Principality...?

That is a good question. I don't think that the Coronet would  have the
*technical* right to attend Peerage circles, though in some places it's
traditionally granted as right. However, this is just speculation on my
part, so don't bet more than a couple wooden nickels on it.

Sir Kief goes on to say:
<snipping some very eloquent words>
>Principalities _will_ form here...of this I have no doubt. But, I desire
to see
>the Kingdom continue as it is. Great in size, great in Spirit and Heart,
great
>in the Prowess of the Warriors and Artisans, and great in Diversity...
_Never_
>will I support a movement that will separate Ansteorra into different
Kingdoms.
>So, if the move to form Principalities has that goal in mind...to make a new
>Kingdom, then I will oppose it, to my last breath and drop of blood. If,
on the
>other hand, the move toward Principality is happening in thes pirit of Growth
>and Unity. Then I will embrace it, nuture it, and gladly help it live and
>breathe... But, not at the ultimate expense of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
>
>I will await the storm...

Storm? What storm? Your words precipitate nary a cloud in my sky, my
brother good and true. My previous discussion of principalities and
kingdoms was for rhetorical purposes only. I, too, have come to feel rather
attached to this kingdom as it stands and prefer it's borders as they
stand. The richness and diversity available to us each and every one would
only, I believe, be diminished were any part to separate off into another
kingdom. I like the idea of a principality to meet some desires and add to
the richness of Ansteorra's fair clime. My faith is such that I don't even
own an umbrella. ;->

May gentle breezes stay with you-- ;->

Aquilanne