SR - Principality Solution

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 10 16:31:42 PDT 1998

Sir Conor wrote:
>I have an alternate proposal, <snip> (i.e.-give the Prince the right to
give AOAs, no Crown
>approval necessary)to the very controversial (let the knights in a
>Principality swear fealty to the Prince).

As it stands now, any Crown can give carte blanche to the Coronet to give
AoA, and there is no rule which prevents knights from swearing fealty to a
Coronet. Remember that a Principality bacically *belongs* ultimately to the
Kingdom and Crown, and any fealty rendered to a Coronet would be secondary
to the fealty rendered a Crown. For example, I require fealty from my
apprentices and proteges, and consider myself to be always in fealty to the
Crown and Kingdom, but that in no way precludes any fealty they might swear
to the Crown and Kingdom.

>present rules for principalities make it
>difficult for a region to remain a principality for a long time, Mists
>and Cynagua not withstanding.

I guess I just don't see the logic here. It's no more difficult for a
region to remain a principality for a long time than for a region to remain
a kingdom for a long time. I think Mists and Cynagua pretty clearly prove
that.

Not that I have anything against the suggestions you alude to--I don't
think you've mentioned anything here that sounds unreasonable or
controversial. I'd like to see a copy of your letter, it sounds interesting.

There *is* a section addressing the appropriateness and desireability of
coffee and chocolate, of course? ;->

Aquilanne