SR - Committee List & Regional News Letter

Zimmermann, Leonard zimmerml at kci1.com
Tue Jul 14 06:16:48 PDT 1998

On southern at Ansteorra.ORG, Bob Dewart[SMTP:gilli at seacove.net] wrote:
> What ever happened with all those committees? Who's on them?  How do
you get
> on?  And what is the current status of the regional news letter?

To the best of my knowledge nothing has "happened" to them. HL Timo is
working on a FAQ, I am working on part of the FAQ with a Pros/Cons list,
Mistress Aquilane is working on a newsletter to send out to the region,
Mistress Aethilian (I KNOW I spelled that wrong, please forgive me) is
coordinating minutes from the two meetings so far for possible
publication, HE Kazimir is working on drafting some laws, and HL Pug has
the Southern Region website up and is accepting suggestions for possible
names and heraldry.

In all I would say that things are proceeding apace. To my knowledge,
however, there are no "committees". Just several people jumping up to do
things. If you want to do something, Gilli, find a need and do. That's
the best advice I can give. All of these things take a great deal of
spare time, which many of us do not have a lot of. We only started
talking about doing these things maybe a couple of months ago. It is a
VERY slow process and it will continue to be one. If this push for
Principality status actually comes to fruition I would not be surprised
to see it taking more than a few YEARS to come together. I think that is
why so many were probably wondering why there was such an uproar from
some of the folks there in Middleford, since this has only just begun
and no one is expecting anything to happen for a very long time.

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)