SR - Lyonel's Radical Scheme for SRFP

Gary Koehler midnightk at htcomp.net
Wed Jul 15 11:59:00 PDT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Grace <sirlyonel at hotmail.com>
To: southern at Ansteorra.ORG <southern at Ansteorra.ORG>; ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
<ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG>; ansteorra-armored-combat at Ansteorra.ORG
<ansteorra-armored-combat at Ansteorra.ORG>; eirik at n-link.com
<eirik at n-link.com>; dah8472 at acs.tamu.edu <dah8472 at acs.tamu.edu>;
bryn-gwlad at Ansteorra.ORG <bryn-gwlad at Ansteorra.ORG>; moritu at Ansteorra.ORG
<moritu at Ansteorra.ORG>; SweinNet at Ansteorra.ORG <SweinNet at Ansteorra.ORG>;
caladin at io.com <caladin at io.com>; WRINKLE at majik-net.com
<WRINKLE at majik-net.com>; keandbc at ix.netcom.com <keandbc at ix.netcom.com>;
cjw at vvm.com <cjw at vvm.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 1:14 PM
Subject: SR - Lyonel's Radical Scheme for SRFP

>Salut Cozyns,
>
>Lyonel aisai.
>
>[Please pass on this notice to your not-e-mail-enabled friends and
>cohorts.]
>
>Don't forget:  Tempio will be hosting Southern Regional Fighter Practice
>(SRFP) at their usual fighter practice site on Sunday, August 16. It's a
>pleasant, wide open park complete with public restrooms, water, covered
>picnic space, playground for the kiddies, and barbecues.
>
>This is a practice.  There is no site fee.
>
>Plan to start fighting about noon.  Bring armor, your melee weapons of
>choice, and--for the cooldown period following the fighting, bring a
>side dish to share and a piece of something dead to toss on the
>barbecue.  Tempio's gonna supply the coals.
>
>The site is JayCee Park 2302 W. Ave. Z in Temple.  To get there from the
>south, take I-35 to exit 299.  Take a right turn off of the access road
>onto highway .  Go east to the 57th street exit (if you go under the
>overpass, you've gone too far) and turn left onto 57th street.  Pass one
>traffic light and take an immediate right onto W. Avenue Z, which will
>dead end at the park.
>
>From other directions--aw, jeez, I don't know.  Somebody from Tempio
>help me out here.
>
>As with the Shadowlands practice, this will be an *inclusively* Southern
>Regional practice.  In other words, all fighters are welcome--the more
>the merrier.
>
>The plan (well, at least this is what I'd *like* to do):  melees.  Lots
>of melees.  I'd like to see us *not* work in our accustomed subgroups.
>We'll review the commands (I'm assuming *somebody* will remember the
>commands) and then split the whole passel randomly for the ensuing
>battles.
>
>Why randomly? you ask.
>
>Well, think back on Gulf Wars for a moment.  When our troops got broken
>up, they tried to reform as shire, barony, or household groups.
>Sometimes that just doesn't work.  If, on the other hand, we learn to
>reform as Campoleon (I know, not an official name, but it'll make a cool
>battle cry), we'll be able to regroup more readily, with a larger pool
>of fighters.
>
>I'd also like to do some work with groups on
>*how to flank a unit,
>*how to stop a flanking action, and
>*how to confound attempts to stop a flanking action.
>
>Unfortunately, since this is a public park, missile weapons will not be
>permitted.
>
>lo vostre por vos servir
>Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace, Capitan
>Bryn Gwlad
>Ansteorra
>Micel yfel deth se unwritere.
> --AElfric of York

>sounds great we'll be sure to pass the word along!!!

lady annora vonkuehler