SR - Beginning new traditions

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Fri Jul 17 05:36:18 PDT 1998

Randy Wrinkle wrote:

> If you wish to limit "terms" of service for a crown or coronet then the best way is
> to win one.

In a way, that is true. BUT, the big difference between winning a coronet tourney and
being picked for an office is:   winning the coronet tourney depends on the fighting
skill of the participant. Just about anyone can be an officer. Therefore, if someone has
greater skill (or thicker hide) they have a greater chance of winning a coronet tourney.

I have no problem with proposing 'term limits' provided it is how long between bouts.
This way, it leaves time for someone to fight crown.

On the other hand,  will there be restrictions on fighting crown once someone wins the
coronet tourney?  just curious.  It would be sad to have the prince suddenly become the
next king and not finish their reign.  Just a thought.

> Fighting in a crown or coronet list is like voting if you do not fight do not gripe.

Sorry, Its not like voting..... lists are contests and weighted by the skill of the
contestants not the voice of the people..

just a few more pence.....

Meadhbh