SR - Beginning new traditions

Lee Cockerham stddly at SHSU.edu
Mon Jul 20 10:50:20 PDT 1998

Heilsa my right good friend Daniel and all other folk...

Kiwf here...

You wrote:

>I'll counter with "A stitch in time saves nine" -- "preventive
>maintenance" *is* fixing something before it breaks.

True... While in the service of ol' Uncle Samuel long ago, PM was the
rule rather than the exception... It did make life easier. However, we
are talking about people here... To retain the flavor and tradition of this
Kingdom our Crown needs to have the authority to do pretty much
what They wish to do. There are checks and blances already in place.
The K. Seneschal reviews any changes to Law, the K. Treasurer
must approve any expenditures, the K. Earl Marshal does the same
for Combat.... A Curia, once in place, is like a bureaucracy...damned
hard to get rid of and prone to stiffle growth and creativity. In my opinion
of course.........

>Laissez-faire can allow a problem to occur; intervention can prevent
>the problem at the price of others.  It may just be a case of "damned
>if you do, damned if you don't".

I would prefer to allow the possible problem to occur, and fix it at the
point source, rather than try to stop a "creeping error" that somehow
got out of control...

>Daniel "stale cliches are a dime a dozen here" de Lincolia

Kief "Curia...? We don need no stinkin' Curia here..." av Kiersted

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."