SR - Beginning new traditions

Brent & Susan Rachel hbrache at texas.net
Mon Jul 20 14:11:45 PDT 1998

Jan Van Zandt wrote:

> Pug, you said:  concerning
> * fighting in "royal" tourneys*: Ansteorra already has
> >the limitation of those considered unworthy by the Crown being weeded
> >out, but that is a very small group of individuals.
>
> I wasn't aware that the Crown had the power to do that.  What kind of
> criteria would they use, and is this some knowledge that is passed from
> Crown to Crown?  Or does each Crown have to figure it out for
> themselves?  I do not have a problem with this being done as long as it
> is consistent from Crown to Crown.
>
> Just wondering,   HLady Jan  Ffynnon Gath

This clause is present in all Kingdoms.., the right to reject entrants into
Crown tournament whom they feel are unacceptable.  However, most go on to say
something like "for just and stated cause."  So there are serious pressures on
the Crown to use it wisely:  they must be prepared to justify specifically WHY
they used it..., they must be prepared to have it used on them if they use it
too injudiciously.

An appeal from a rejected entrant, that the BoD finds unjustified or prejudicial
can lead to that King losin the right to fight in another Crown Tourney for X
years.   But of course this only works if someone actually (officially)
complains.., and of course there are other (not so) subtle unofficial pressures
that may be brought to bear on folks to keep them from doing that.

Kazimir