SR - CRAZED BARON

HseTrinity at aol.com HseTrinity at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 23:33:53 PDT 1998

Pendamaniac wrote:

>	SCA laws? LAWS??!! Who needs laws? Do away with them, I say!!
>Anarchy is the only solution!! Total anarchy where the only people
>with real power are the landed nobility!! Yes!! That is the answer to
all
>of our problems: total rule by the territorial barons!!! Bwaa haa
haaa!!!!

>	Pendamaniac

(grins)

I just wanted to point out that what has been described here is not anarchy it
is a dictatorship.  If the landed nobility were the only people with real
power then the Coronet would have to ask their permission to change the laws
of the principality.  Wouldn't this be a curia?  Is this the future?  A
tyrannical rein of terror and long meetings robbing us of that which we hold
most dear.  The ability to go to an event and escape the trials and
tribulations of the real world, gone forever.  To be dragged down into the
black abysmal pit of bureaucratic red tape.  Be afraid, be very afraid.

(This post brought to you by the People for a Curia Free Principality)

On a serious note,
Doesn't a change in principality law have to be approved by the King?  If this
is true, why would a principality have a curia in a kingdom that does not?
What is the point of going through a curia to change a law only to have the
King not allow the change without consulting a curia?

Just a thought.

Philippe