SR - Re: Bjornsburg Meeting - Principality Discussionm (Long)

Kevin Varner kvarner at planview.com
Tue Jun 2 08:40:26 PDT 1998

In regards to Lionardo's (I even spelled it right!) synopsis from their
business meeting:
	He is correct! The Principality meeting was boring - for those
of us who have been talking about this for awhile. The meeting at Tempio
was considered unofficial, but it did start the ball rolling. The
meeting at Fynnon Gath was the "First Official Principality Discussion
Meeting". We are still in the Analysis/Design stage (to use a project
management jargon). Input is still needed - from everyone! The 83 worthy
souls who braved the heat, humidity, and no breeze (I was sitting at the
table upslope and that still didn't help) are are a little less than
one-third of the numbers in the Southern Region (that percentage greatly
exceeds the voter turnout in my town's last city counsel election). The
next "Official" meeting is in September!  At Gothic Wars! September in
Western Ansteorra (wilt) will be hot, probably not as humid, a 4-6 hour
drive depending upon where in the SR you are coming from,but we still
need to go there. Going to this event for the meeting will drive home
the concept of supportability distance for those in favor of Southern
and Western Regions coming together as the principality. Remember that
Bonwick is not the furthest north or west.

I fully agree with Ivar and Lionardo that we need to talk about it.
There was concern after the FG meeting that attendance at the meeting
will begin to drop because people have had their say and will now
communicate via letter or proxy. Letters and Proxies look great to a
committee sitting in a conference room, are not much to the general
populace at an open air meeting. So, once again, we really need to go
there!

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad