SR - Colors etc...

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Jun 2 18:48:34 PDT 1998

I have several thoughts...

First...Rognvaldr also made an interesting point yesterday...when a
Kingdom gets so large that it overwhelms people working on a volunteer
basis, it's time to make things a little more managable.  Do y'all think
that we've reached this point?

Second...if, over the next year or so, we pay particular attention to
which groups seem to be somewhat cohesive with one another, I think that
the natural principality members will become quite evident.  I don't
think that these groups necessarily will all be from the Southern
Region, or will encompass all of the groups that are presently in the
Southern region.

Unfortunately, this newsgroup, which actually seems to be serving as the
"Amorphous Future Principality"-net, is somewhat narrowly named.  It's
here that we can meet and rally...but our Southern Regional name might
be keeping interested Western or Coastal group members away, or at least
make them feel less than welcome.  Is there any way that we can get
moving on some sort of name in the next couple of months...so that we
have something to rally around, and somethign to name a newsgroup that
is more inclusive?

As for colors...blue and white are cool, but so are gold and red.  What
might be quite neat would be to incorporate a lion into it.  Here's a
thought: As I don't know how to blazon this whole thing, I'll use
non-heraldese:

Red background.  Gold lion (sejant, regardant?).  Black Ansteorran Star
in its forepaw (or held over its heart...but overlap not allowed?) or
not in its paw but serving as a marking on its chest.  Laurel bows.

 This would go quite well with the Cour de Leon (or Cordeleon) idea that
was kicked about a month or so ago.  I'd draw one up, but I'm on the
feeble home computer that can't handle Adobe Photoshop.

Isobel