SR - Principality Discussion (Long)

Michael A. Scofield ivarcat at juno.com
Tue Jun 2 20:43:01 PDT 1998

Lionardo said a whole bunch:

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:09:24 -0500 "Zimmermann, Leonard"
<zimmerml at kci1.com> writes:

>During our Populous meeting in Bjornsborg last night we had a brief
>synopsis and short talk about the Principality Discussion meeting at
>the Rattestoet event hosted by Fynnon Gath (sp?). During this discussion
>several people brought forth their impressions....

SEVERE SNIP

>Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
>(Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)

Lionardo,
I had no idea that my bable was bringing things into focus. All I know is
that one hell of a lot of discussion has taken place at meetings, on the
web, in person, and on the phone. Thus far, no real reason that gives
anyone a reason to do all of the work involved in forming a Principality
has been brought forward.

The most excited I have been about this was with the name and motto
discussions on the net. I really think that if we get a name for the
groups that are thinking about a Principality, and stop refering to that
entity as the "Southern Region" we will begin to move forward.

The idea of a meeting to discuss  the "Incipient Principality of _______"
and a list on the Ansteorra web page named that would get people much
more excited.

Ivar

P.S.  I like the colors red and gold, next would be blue and gold. (I
didn't use heraldic colors because a lot of folks don't speak herald even
though they should learn at least the colors)

I also like the name Coer de Leon. For some reason it seems to fit with
the folks in the proposed Principality area. Mainly due to the large
number of "good" Lions that live there.