SR - discussions & comments & thoughts, oh my

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 2 23:51:46 PDT 1998

Lionardo wrote:
>I don't think anyone will be very excited about the idea of forming a
>principality without something more to chew on. The list of names that
>was on the net was never presented. The motto we have discussed was
>never presented. Very little we have discussed in this forum was
>presented.

I have to say I was disappointed that no talk at all about names or
heraldry or mottos was brought up, and more than a little frustrated that
old ground (even for those not on the net) was being covered yet again. If
all we're going to talk about at these meetings are reasons pro and con and
the like, I can't see much point in going to them either.

I think we need to do a couple things so that these meetings have a little
more meat to them. There was talk of forming a committee to organize things
so that information is better disseminated and there are people who folk
can contact if they have questions. I'd be happy to volunteer to be part of
such a committee. I think the Regional Chronicler should be included in
this committee as well, as the Chronicler's office would be where the
mailing list is kept and stuff mailed out. Does HE Chrystal have email
access? I think we need to put a small FAQ together to send out to everyone
in the region, since a lot of the same questions keep coming up.

So. Is anyone interested in volunteering to lay out such a FAQ?  Who should
be in charge of forming the committee?  How many folk should be on the
committee?

>And worse, we didn't have all our ducks in a row to make sure
>we all KNEW Kingdom and SCA Law concerning Principalities and Kingdoms
>before going into this thing. A bit of misinformation even got touted
>about because those concerned just didn't know any better.

If someone volunteers to be our FAQ person, they would be in charge of
researching Corpora and Kingdom law for the pertinent info (ideally the FAQ
person will be someone already at least somewhat familiar with such stuff).
Also,I just heard from Sir Burke. He's putting together a principality info
packet that he says he should get out to me sometime next week. I'm sure
that there'll be some good info in there as well.

Lionardo goes on to say:
> I'll be happy to compile what
>we have and I'll be happy to send it out to the Seneschals of interested
>groups, in and out of the Southern Region, so all of those groups can
>discuss the ideas and decide what THEY would want out of this should
>things start becoming more serious!

Ooooh, Lionardo, is that the sound of one person volunteering? ;->
Seriously, though, would you be interested in the FAQ project?  Between the
FAQ, an update on the info on the web page Pug put up for us, and notes
from the last Principality meeting (among other stuff), I think we'd have a
good-sized first issue of a regional/proto-principality newsletter.
Thoughts? Comments?

Aquilanne