SR - next Prin. meeting

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Wed Jun 3 13:57:06 PDT 1998

At 02:21 PM 6/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Seriously, here's what I feel would be good qualifications for committee
>members.
>
>1. Be members in good standing. (ie: same reqs as to be officers)
>2. Have Regional and/or kingdom level officer experience
>3. Have email access
>4. Be able to attend regional events & moderate meetings
>5. Ability to be impartial and fair with both sides(all sides?)

Good list.

>As I said before, I dont think the committee members should vote on anything
>(except the final, mailed ballot). They could decide things like pulling a
>proposed Name or Device off the list because it hasnt gotten any votes or
>things like that. The biggest job would be collecting the information,
>deseminating the information, maintaining a connection to the Kingdom
>Senechal(and Crown if nessesary), and being the "Buck stops here" point.

Who, then, would decide what the armory and name would be?

>Heres 2 different committee makeup proposals........
>
> 7 members would work. That way we could have one person from each different
>group of the Region, at least 3-4 should be able to attend the meetings at
>events, and every group would have a local contact. The bad side is thats a
>bit large and could get bogged down too quickly.
>
>3-4 members would work. Something like Don Tivar, Sir Kief, and Mistress
>Aethelyan, who are all very active, traveling people with email and can be
>trusted to be impartial and fair. Sir Kief,as former Star Principal, could
>also help by weeding out major naming/heraldic problems. The bad side is
>that not every group who be represented in a smaller committee.
>
>Feel free to jump in here anytime  :)
>
>Timo

Alternatively, one from each group plus a facilitator (such as Tivar), a
Kingdom Seneschal rep (such as Richard or Keif), and a recorder (who may or
may not be one of the above-mentioned people from a group). I envision the
recorder as a type of secretary--take meeting notes, keep track of poll
results, and keep files.

Aethelyan