SR - Principality Preps Task Group

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 6 12:42:59 PDT 1998

Meadhbh wrote:
>Having each group representative assures any suggestions, comments, or
>communication will get back to that group and not thru second hand
information.
>I guess I should ask, why shouldn't all the groups have a representative?
This
>way each group can feel they had input into the process.

I kinda liked Pug's take on this one (thank you, Pug, for that delightful
visual of you running around and touching everyone ;-> ).

Any information collected by folks in the Task Group will get to each group
equally by way of FAQ or newsletter (that *is* what the group is all about,
after all), thus avoiding the problem of "second hand" information. In
fact, it's not even as if the Task Group will necessarily be coming
together for any actual Task Group meetings (though I suppose they could if
they wanted; there would really be no need for them to). However, if folk
really feel they need the warm fuzzy of having each group appoint a special
contact person to keep in touch with what folk in the Task Group are
working on, fine. I've always figured that that would be the seneschal's
job like it always is, but, hey--whatever makes people feel happy.
Personally speaking, even if we didn't have Tivar and Aethelyan--as local
members--doing work on the Task Group, I wouldn't feel the least bit left
out or concerned, considering that the folk who are starting in on the
drudge work are all people whose ability I feel confidence in. But that's
me. I admit I sometimes have a hard time understanding overt concern on
issues like this since my tendency is to expect good intentions from most
folk who are willing to do grunt work.

Aquilanne

Almost forgot. Here's a semi-related side note I just wanted to throw out
for contemplation. The kind of stuff the Task Group will be doing is far
from glamorous, and 2 years after the first Coronet Tourney, only a handful
of people will ever even remember who did the work (including those who
actually did the work). Interesting thought, no?