SR - Principality Preps Task Group

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 6 21:52:08 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Mistress Meadhbh says:

>Considering all the representatives are from the Baronies, IMHO, i think the
>populace in the shires will feel they don't have a say in this. I'm not
saying
>they wouldn't. But, when you are in a smaller group, it can be difficult
to have
>your voice heard by the larger groups. I would hope the seneschals of
those groups
>have been contacted, let them know that their input is welcome and see what
>happens. If no volunteers come forward, then fine.At least they were given
the
>opportunity.

Um, Ffynnon Gath isn't a barony, and while I'm not quite sure about
Middleford or Shadowlands, I know Tempio has quite a few members active on
this list.  If they wanted to volunteer, I'm sure they simply would.

I don't want to appear obfuscatory, though.  If you want to call one of the
two seneschals (Middleford or Shadowlands) to tell them about the Task
Group, I'd be happy to call the other.

>> As for money, no one has asked for financial support yet, but I don't
>> anticipate any real problems.  We don't have a regional account, so we
>> can't assume a bankroll for a large-scale regional project.  My guess is
>> the volunteers will print up copies for the seven seneschals and let each
>> group absorb the cost of distributing copies to members.

Mistress Meadhbh says:

>That could be asking a lot of the smaller groups, with smaller bank
accounts. I
>doubt it will affect our group or the other baronies. I would hope all the
groups
>would choose to get the information copied and out to all members of the
populace.

Aquilanne has said she envisions only a two to four page handout for the
initial FAQ, so I don't see this as cost intensive for the smaller groups.

Still, I certainly don't want to stifle any positive input.  What did you
have in mind for covering the costs, Mistress?

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace