SR - Heraldry

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Sun Jun 7 01:10:57 PDT 1998

Of course, my personal preference involves Red Dragons.

Blue with a gold Lion and Red with a Gold Lion both sound good to me,
though an Ansteorran Star would not be my preference.  I think it
makes the design too busy.  With the basic designs above I would use
Blue and Gold or Red and Gold respectively as the livery colors.

I still have not heard a better motto than the one I suggested, "Comme
Fait les Heroes" (As heroes do).  Thought there was some question
about the proper grammatical form for mottoes.

Someone brought up a couple of French names, but you may not want to
let me get started on that one.  They brought up two (I hope I
remember them correctly),

Rayon d'Espoir (Ray of Hope)  I do not really care for this one, and

Parc du Midi  which mean Park of the Midi.  The Midi is a region in
South Central France centering around Toulouse and Carcassonne.  The
same area, roughly speaking is, also known as Languedoc, or Occitanie.
I love the Midi, I spent five months in Carcassonne and another five
in Toulouse, but I do not think that one will fly.

But, I could try out a few of the ideas already suggested,

Champs des Lions  (Field of the Lions)

Pays Montueux  (Hill Country).

I have gotten started and I am going to work on a few more.  A good
name, in a civilized language like French, would be a good thing.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo