SR - Committee

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Sun Jun 7 01:11:01 PDT 1998

Many things have been discussed so far, some of them back and forth.
As we form any committees, I think that we should ask each of the
groups should have the right to place a member in each committee, if
they choose not to exercise that right, okay.  Otherwise, I do not
think that there should be a set number for each committee.  Those who
wish to serve should be allowed to serve.  I do not really think that
there should be any requirements other than a willingness to serve.  I
do not dislike the criteria that have been proposed, I just find them
superfluous at this early stage.  We should be inclusive, not
exclusive, and that should pertain even to membership on the
committees.

At the next principality meeting, we should discuss committees and
membership on those committees, but we still need to work on a FAQ for
distribution prior to that meeting.  And I think we need to get the
FAQ out a couple of months before the meeting, at least one full month
to ensure time for distribution.

I do not want the committees making any decisions, beyond the decision
on what should go into the FAQ, and after it appears for the first
time, even that should be up for discussion.

I am not suggesting that I think anyone would bend the FAQ purposely
to display a certain viewpoint, but I am thinking of the fact that you
can partially control the outcome of a survey by how you word the
questions.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo