SR - Raven's Fort meeting

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Mon Jun 8 14:51:12 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Comments re:length of time in sca to serve on the committee snipped......

I posted that because thats what this medium is for, to see if people like
the idea or not. Nothing is written in stone(or even in clay) so dont get
worried that this is the finally word on a subject.

>As to newbies--there are things that anyone can do--like copying and
>distributing pieces of paper, addressing and mailing--and things that
>outside experience may qualify people to be of use.  I don't think
>discouraging people who are interested in working is ever a good idea in
>a volunteer organization--it's more a matter of finding appropriate
>tasks for them to do.
>
>AElfwyn

Volunteering is great. We are gonna need it to get anything done,however if
you reread my committee outline post it says....

>4. Powers of The Committee
>	a. Committee members may appoint others to assist with record keeping,
Kingdom Law and Corpora research,  FAQ  writing, Principality law writing,
etc. as the Committee feels is necessary. These appointees shall not be
members of the Committee, and shall have no powers derived from such membership.

One of the reasons I suggested it this way is that many people are going to
volunteer for many purposes, but not everyone is going to help out all the
time. If we keep a line between the committee (or taskforce,or whatever) and
the volunteers it saves headaches in alot of areas.

For example, Ld Joe volunteers to help printing and lableing a FAQ for
August, but he cant do it in October, so Lady Jane does it. This should be
no factor to the people recieving the FAQ, or the people contributing to it,
as long as the committee member in charge of the faq is the same.

Having a "offical"point of contact is a good thing.

Timo