SR - Gothic War/War of the Roses...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jun 9 05:21:24 PDT 1998

(I guess I didn't really wanna be our Seneschal after all.)

Good Morning,

  Normally, I wouldn't do this on the public forum anymore. I don't know
  if it's the Ramones first thing in the morning or the voices in my
  head, but I'm very confused. Since this was discussed on the Southern
  and Western Regional lists, I figure it's a public matter so I'll
  ask away.

  I've Cc'ed this to the Bryn-Gwlad list for the Barony's input as well.

First my confusion.

  Wasn't the Barony told that there would be a surprise announcement at
  Octavian that would involve the Barony? Wasn't this announcement that
  we were gonna do the War of the Roses with Bonwicke at Gothic War? The
  reason I ask is that Kayleigh posted that the decision of doing the
  War of the Roses was an on-site decision by the few members of the
  Barony of Bryn Gwlad who were present. If this wasn't the surprise,
  what was 'cause I missed it otherwise.

Now some redundant questions.

  Doesn't it look bad to make commitments that have others making plans
  on and then to back out on them? I understand that the populace was
  not consulted on the matter of doing the event, but when the Landed
  Nobility make commitments like this, they should be prepared to get
  the Barony behind it. This is putting your money where your mouth is,
  in my opinion.

  Are we trying to rush the Principality thing or take it real slow? We
  don't need to have a meeting at Shadowlands.

Now a suggestion.

  Why can't "we" do both? Pendaran and/or Jehanne with all the fighting
  forces can go to War of the Roses while sending a smaller contingency
  to represent their needs to Shadowlands *if* there is is a meeting.

  Why not have the next Principality meeting at the first Southern
  Regional event this fall? (Even if there won't be any courtesans.) That
  gives us almost 6 months to plan things and get information out to
  everyone. (Remember the lead time on the BlackStar.) Even the time
  period between Tempio and Ffynnon Gath was not enough to get everything
  done "right". Let's do it right if we're gonna bother doing it all.

In Service and Confusion,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette